COVID-19 Vaccination Required for Fall
If you are planning to be on campus this fall – for a class, a meeting or for any purpose – you must be vaccinated against COVID-19. (See below for the deadline to submit proof.) In addition, you must:
- Wear face masks at all times indoors. Masks are also recommended for outdoor gatherings.
- Check in with Optimum HQ before each time you come to campus. (See below for instructions on using the Optimum service.)
- Practice social distancing and follow any posted instructions
Washing hands or using hand sanitizer, as provided, is also encouraged.
Note to EmployeesThe information on this page is primarily for students. There are separate procedures for employees. All employees coming to campus this fall should check the information posted at deanza.edu/return-to-campus/employees and on the district Human Resources website.
Thanks to our students, De Anza has had overwhelming compliance with the vaccination requirement.
- More than 98% of students who registered for on-campus classes that began in September were able to continue with their classes after the Oct. 1 deadline for submitting proof of vaccination.
- Be kind and considerate of others.
- These precautions are to protect you AND those around you.
- Following these requirements is part of the Student Code of Conduct.
If you register for an on-campus class that begins after Oct. 1, you must submit proof of final vaccination no later than the first class meeting, or you will be dropped from the class. (All students who registered for on-campus classes that began in September were required to upload proof of final vaccination by Oct. 1.)
Final vaccination means your second shot if it's the Pfizer or Moderna vaccination, or your first shot if it's Johnson & Johnson.
In addition, you must follow these requirements until two weeks have passed after your final vaccination:
- Obtain a lab test for COVID-19 (home tests will not be accepted) within three days before each visit to campus
- Upload your negative test result to the PyraMED system. (Follow the same steps listed below for uploading proof of vaccination, but choose "COVID-19 Test Results – De Anza Students only" as the document type.)
- Wear a face mask at all times, indoors and outside, while on campus
- Practice social distancing at all times
- If you test positive for COVID-19, you must quarantine at home for 10 days (except to receive medical treatment)
- If you are exposed to someone with COVID-19, you must quarantine at home for 10 days.
- If there is an outbreak of COVID-19 on campus, you may be asked to leave temporarily for your safety and that of others
You are responsible for any financial or academic burdens resulting from the above conditions.
Medical or Religious Exemptions
You may request an exemption from the vaccination requirement on the basis of verified medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs. You'll find instructions and forms for submitting a request on the Vaccination Exemption webpage.
Testing and Vaccination Locations
Find a Testing Site Near You
To find a free COVID-19 testing site near you, use these online tools:
If you cannot find a free site and cannot afford to pay for COVID-19 testing, you can contact the Health Services office at email@example.com and we will try to assist you.
Find a Vaccination Site Near You
We've made it easy to upload a copy of your vaccination card by using the PyraMED online health system, which is a secure medical records system. Click each of the red bars below for detailed instructions.
(EMPLOYEES: The information on this webpage is primarily for students. Employees have a separate procedure for uploading their proof of vaccination. Employees should check the information posted at deanza.edu/return-to-campus/employees and on the district Human Resources website.)
Have your digital vaccination record ready
- You can take a photo of your vaccination card or get a digital copy from the state health site at myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov.
- Save the digital photo or file to the computer or device that you will use to log in to the PyraMED health portal.
Log in to the PyraMED health portal
- Open the Apps section of MyPortal and click on the tile for PyraMED Health Services.
- If you don't see the PyraMED tile in MyPortal, you can access the PyraMED system on the web at deanza.studenthealthportal.com
- If you are prompted to sign in, use your eight-digit student ID number (also known as your Campuswide ID or CWID) and MyPortal password.
Note: If you receive an error message when you try to log in to PyraMED, please wait a day and try again. In some cases, there might be a delay of one day between the time you register for classes and the time that your registration record is added to the PyraMED system.
Sign the "Consent for Treatment"
If you haven't already signed the Informed Consent for Treatment form, you'll need to do this before uploading your vaccination record. When the PyraMED home screen appears
- Click on My Forms (in the red horizontal bar across the top of your screen).
- Next, look under Pending Forms and select the Informed Consent for Treatment form.
- Open this form, read it and follow the instructions to sign it online.
- Remember to click the Submit button when you are finished.
Follow the on-screen instructions to upload your card
Once you've signed the Consent for Treatment form, you're ready to upload your vaccination record. (Keep the PyraMED screen open to do this.)
- Click on Document Upload (in the red horizontal bar across the top of your screen). This should open a screen like the one shown here.
- Next, select COVID-19 Vaccine Record – De Anza Students Only as the document type.
- Click the Browse button to find the document file on your computer or device.
(Your document file must be in one of the formats listed, such as .jpeg or .pdf)
- Click the Save button to upload the document.
- You will not receive an immediate confirmation. The Health Services office will contact you if they have any questions.
Note: If you receive an error message when you try to upload a document, please wait a day and try again. In some cases, there might be a delay of one day between the time you register for classes and the time that your registration record is added to the PyraMED system.
Remember these important points
- For U.S. students, your vaccination record must show you received two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) vaccine.
- International students attending on an F-1 visa may submit documentation in English that they have received the full course of a vaccine approved by the World Health Organization (WHO).
You can verify that your vaccination document has been accepted by logging in to the PyraMED system and following these steps.
Download Your Immunization History
Once you've logged in to the PyraMED system, click on the My Profile tab in the upper left, then select Immun. History and click to download your Immunization History record.
Review Your Immunization History
When you review your Immunization History:
- You should see your COVID-19 vaccination listed under Vaccination History. (It may take one or two days after you upload your record before it appears here.)
- If you have a religious or medical exemption, or if you are only partly vaccinated under the rules listed above, you should see a listing under Exemptions.
Optimum HQ is an easy-to-use reporting service that will help keep us all safer, by screening for COVID-19 symptoms or potential exposure. Here's how to use Optimum HQ.
(EMPLOYEES: The information on this webpage is primarily for students. Employees have separate procedures for using Optimum HQ. Employees should check the information posted at deanza.edu/return-to-campus/employees and on the district Human Resources website.)
FIRST: Create Your Account
Before you come to campus for the first time, you will need to visit the Optimum HQ registration webpage to register and create your account.
IMPORTANT DO NOT create more than one account, even if you are coming to campus for more than one class.
- If you already have an Optimum HQ account from spring or summer, DO NOT create a new one. Use your existing account for fall quarter.
- If you have more than one class on campus this fall, you can set up the account by using the information for any ONE of those classes. You can then use the same account for any other classes that you have on campus. DO NOT create more than one account.
When you fill in the form to create the account:
- For Employee/Person Type – select "Student"
- For Work Location/Campus – select “Onsite”
- For City – type in “Cupertino”
- Please DO NOT list anything for Backup Supervisor/Counselor Email. Leave this field blank.
You will be asked to select a Department and a Supervisor/Counselor Email. The red tabs below will show you the information you should provide.
Please follow these instructions exactly. Do not randomly select a name for your Supervisor/Counselor.
If you are coming to campus for a class:
- Check the list in the red tab below for one on-campus class that you are taking. You'll see the Department and Supervisor that you should list on the form to create your account.
- You can choose any on-campus class that you are taking. You don't need to list anything else if you are taking more than one class on campus.
- You can use the same account for any other on-campus classes. Do not create more than one account.
You can type in the first few letters on the Optimum form to pull up the department or supervisor you need.
Here's What to List for Classes
|For This Course Subject||List This Department||List This Supervisor|
|Accounting (ACCT)||DA-Business/Computer Systemsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Adapted Physical Education (PEA)||DA-Disabled Student Prgms & Svcsemail@example.com|
|Arts (ART)||DA-Creative Artsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Auto Tech (AUTO)||DA-Business/Computer Systemsemail@example.com|
|Biology (BIO)||DA-Biology, Health and Environmental Sciencefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Computer Information Systems (CIS)||DA-Business/Computer Systemsemail@example.com|
|Communication Studies (COMM)||DA-Language Artsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dance (DANC)||DA-Creative Artsemail@example.com|
|Design and Manufacturing Technologies (DMT)||DA-Business/Computer Systemsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Economics (ECON)||DA-Social Sciencesemail@example.com|
|English (ELIT and EWRT)||DA-Language Artsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|English as a Second Language (ESL)||DA-Language Artsemail@example.com|
|Environmental Science (ESCI)||DA-Biology, Health and Environmental Sciencefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Health Technologies (HTEC)||DA-Biology, Health and Environmental Scienceemail@example.com|
|History (HIST)||DA-Social Sciencesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Human Development (HUMA)||DA-Counselingemail@example.com|
|Humanities (HUMI)||DA-Social Sciencesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Kinesiology (KNES)||DA-Physical Educationemail@example.com|
|Language Arts (LART)||DA-Language Artsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Music (MUSI)||DA-Creative Artsemail@example.com|
|Native American and Indigenous Studies (NAIS)||DA-Intercultural/Internationalfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Nursing (NURS)||DA-Biology, Health and Environmental Scienceemail@example.com|
|Physical Education (PE)||DA-Physical Educationfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Philosophy (PHIL)||DA-Social Sciencesemail@example.com|
|Political Science (POLI)||DA-Social Sciencesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Psychology (PSYC)||DA-Social Sciencesemail@example.com|
If you are coming to campus to use the Library or student services:
- You can use the Optimum account that you created for an on-campus class, if you have one. Do not create a second account.
- If you don't have an Optimum account for a class, you can check the list in the red tab below for a service that you are using, and use the information that is listed for that service.
- You can choose any service that you are using. You don’t need to list anything for additional services.
- You don't need to create a second account for a different service. Do not create more than one account.
Please note that most of these services require appointments for in-person service, so be sure to check the Fall Services website for information about how to visit them.
Here's What to List for Services
|For This Service||List This Department||List This Supervisor|
|Admissions and Records||DA Student Servicesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Assessment||DA Student Servicesemail@example.com|
|Cashier||DA Student Servicesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|College Life||DA-Student Developmentemail@example.com|
|Disability Support Programs and Services||DA-Disabled Student Prgms & Svcsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Financial Aid||DA Student Servicesemail@example.com|
|Food Pantry||DA Student Servicesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Men of Color Community||DA Student Servicesemail@example.com|
NOTE: After you submit your registration information and your new account has been approved, the system will send you an email with instructions for how to access your account and set your password. Please wait for that email before trying to log in to the system.
When you log in, your user name will be the email address that you used to create the account, not your CWID.
NEXT: Complete the Health Check-In
After you submit your registration information and your new account has been approved, the system will send you an email with instructions for how to access your account and set your password. Please wait for that email before trying to log in to the system.
When you log in, your user name will be the email address that you used to create the account, not your CWID.
You must complete a Health Status Check-In, using the Optimum HQ service, each time you come to campus. Do this no more than 24 hours before your class is scheduled to begin.
- Visit the Optimum HQ homepage at athome.optimumhq.com/login.jsp
- Log in with your email address.
- The first screen that opens should be the “Employee Dashboard.”
- Click on the blue “Check In” button in the upper right of your screen.
- This will open a new screen displaying a series of health questions. Please answer all the questions completely and accurately.
- Once you submit your answers, you’ll see a Visitor Badge appear on your screen. (The Optimum HQ system will also send a text message to your phone, containing a link to this badge.)
- If the badge has a green bar with the word “Healthy,” you may proceed with your campus visit.
If your badge has a red bar, you must contact the Student Health Services office for clearance before you can come to campus.
- You can contact the Health Services office by calling 408.864.8732 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- It’s your responsibility to tell your instructor or coach if you don't have clearance to come to campus.
Still Have Questions?
- For questions about any of these requirements, please send an email to email@example.com.
- Please do not contact PyraMED technical support, as they are not able to assist individual students.