Email sent April 10, 2020
Spring Classes Start Monday, April 13
Welcome – or welcome back – to De Anza!
Things will be a little different this quarter, since all classes are being held online. But student services are also available online, and we’ll be here to support you all the way.
Here are some helpful tips to remember
- For the latest updates and information about online learning resources, student services and more, visit deanza.edu/online-spring
- Your instructor will provide specific information about how each class will be conducted
- Be sure to check the footnotes in the class listings for each class you are taking – or any class you are considering – to learn whether it has meetings scheduled for certain times
- Check the Academic Calendar for important dates and deadlines
- If you have a question about your ed plan or choosing the right classes, our counselors can assist you by phone, email or Zoom video.
- Need to reach other offices or services at De Anza? Check their webpages or visit deanza.edu/online-spring/services
- You can still order books, materials and computers from the Bookstore's online store. You'll find answers to many of your questions about online Bookstore orders in these helpful guides and FAQs
Add Classes Through Saturday, April 25
Find open classes in MyPortal by using the Open Classes Finder in the Student Registration app.
- To Add Classes Before Monday:
- Follow the Steps to Register
- To Add After the Quarter Begins:
- Email the instructor to get an Add Code
- Follow the Steps to Add a Class
Remember: It is your responsibility to drop classes.
Payment is due in full at the time of registration and when adding subsequent classes. If you have a balance due you can pay online with a credit card or sign up for an interest-free installment plan.
Registration holds will be placed on delinquent accounts.
Want to Save Money on Books and Materials?
Look for the green Zero-Cost and Low-Cost symbols when you search the course listings. For information, visit deanza.edu/save-on-books.
Need Assistance with Food, Basic Needs or Financial Emergencies?
You're not alone. Visit deanza.edu/resources to learn about resources available to you.
Order Books and Materials Online
- You can order books, materials and computers from the Bookstore's online store.
- You can select "Financial Aid" in the dropdown menu for payment if you have an award – such as the De Anza College Promise – that provides funds for these purchases.
- Our Bookstore staff members are shipping orders as quickly as possible, while we take every precaution to help protect their health.
Visit Our Student Resource Hub for Online Learning
How to Get – and Keep – Priority Enrollment
Priority enrollment helps you get your best registration date each quarter. See the complete list of steps to get priority enrollment.
Student Email Accounts and Mobile App
As a De Anza student, you can now request a college email account by using the "Student Email" app in MyPortal. This account will give you an email address ending in "@student.deanza.edu"
Check out the De Anza mobile app. You can use it to register and pay fees on your mobile device.
De Anza College occasionally sends text messages to remind students about important deadlines or events. We won't try to sell you products or give your number to anyone other than a college representative for official purposes. You can opt out of receiving texts any time.