De Anza Nursing
Serving the Community Since 1967
De Anza's Registered Nursing Department has been one of the college's exceptional programs since the campus opened in 1967.
Because of our excellent reputation in the community, Registered Nursing graduates from De Anza are recruited by health care institutions across Northern California.
The Nursing program provides students with state-of-the-art instruction and technology in classrooms, laboratories and clinical settings. Our outstanding instructors, who are content and clinical experts in their fields, provide an outstanding professional nursing education.
Nursing Students on the Front Lines
When a group of De Anza Nursing students helped give COVID-19 vaccinations at the Santa Clara County fairgrounds, California Gov. Gavin Newsom stopped by to personally thank them.
RN Program Waiting List
Please check this website regularly for new announcements. Recent updates include
- Winter 2024 Readiness Forms – Due 9/1/2023
- Updated: Wait List March 2023
- New policy to remain on list
- Social Security card required to apply
- Flu vaccination requirement
- Core Science Prerequisites NOT LISTED on College Course Equivalency Spreadsheet – added June 29, 2015
Students on the Waiting List
- You must obtain immunizations prior to admission
RN Refresher Program
- We are not offering an RN Refresher program at this time.
Foreign Nurses and Nurse Graduates
- We are not currently admitting foreign nurses and nurse graduates seeking course work to meet BRN requirements to take the NCLEX exam.