Steps to Transfer From a U.S. School
If you are an F-1 international student and currently attending a language school, high school, college or a university in the United States, you must follow the steps below to transfer your SEVIS Record to De Anza College.
- These steps apply to students who are currently attending, graduating or completing OPT as an F-1 student at a U.S. school.
- De Anza College does not accept terminated/completed SEVIS records and can only issue an I-20 after the SEVIS record from your current school is transferred to us.
De Anza's SEVIS code is: SFR214F01758000
Complete the Online Application
Use the online application for international students. Do not use the OpenCCC application form that is designed for U.S. residents.
- It takes at least 1-2 weeks to review your application after it is submitted.
- You will be contacted by email if additional documents are needed. Please check your email inbox and spam filter frequently.
- You can upload missing admission documents after your initial submission.
You will receive an acceptance letter once you are officially admitted.
Request the De Anza I-20
- De Anza's SEVIS code is: SFR214F01758000.
- Contact your current school to release the SEVIS record to De Anza College.
- Please note, it is your responsibility to ensure that your current school transfers your SEVIS record to De Anza. We will not follow up with your school on this process.
- Complete the De Anza I-20 Request Form through the application portal after your SEVIS
record transferred to De Anza.
- Please note, you will receive your I-20 form from De Anza only after your current school transfers your SEVIS record to De Anza.
- It takes about two to three weeks for De Anza to issue your new I-20 form.
Please notify us if you wish to travel OUTSIDE the United States before the quarter starts. If you leave the U.S., you will need the I-20 form from De Anza in order to return to this country.
If you have received your CWID number, you can register for classes and attend orientation, but please remember that you are responsible for dropping classes and paying all fees if your transfer is not processed and De Anza is unable to issue your I-20 form.
Questions About Transferring to De Anza College?
Contact one of our admissions experts!
The Admission Team offers drop-in hours: