Travel Outside the U.S.

For F-1 Visa Students 

If You Have a Current Signature on Your I-20

  • You can travel outside the United States if you have received a signature within the past 12 months on page 2 of your I-20 form.
  • You should contact an International Student Adviser to confirm that there are no problems with your immigration record before travel

If You Don't Have a Current Signature on Your I-20

If you do not have a current signature on your I-20, you should email an International Student Adviser to request an electronic signature on your I-20 one month before you return to the U.S.  

You must include the following information:

  • Passport name
  • CWID (your 8-digit De Anza student ID number)
  • Birthdate and/or SEVIS ID number
  • Date you plan to return to the U.S.
  • Your email subject line should say: I-20 travel signature

How to Reach Your Immigration Adviser

Immigration advisers are assigned by the first letter of your last or family name. If your family name begins with

A-L – your adviser is Andrea Santa Cruz:
M-Z – your adviser is Allison Largent:

Back to Top