The Academic Senate directs the Curriculum Committee to remove courses from the College Catalog when course outlines have not been reviewed and/or updated for over 5 years, subject to the following conditions.
- Prior to eliminating such courses from the catalog the Curriculum Committee must inform the department/division of this intended action and offer department/division faculty the opportunity to request a one-year extension for affected courses.
- Prior to eliminating such courses from the Catalog, the Curriculum Committee Faculty Co-Chair will provide the Executive Committee of the Academic Senate with a list of affected courses.
- The Curriculum Committee is not required to immediately remove from the Catalog courses that have not been reviewed and/or revised for five years. The Curriculum Committee may grant a one-year extension for submitting a course for review and/or revision, during which time the course will continue to be listed in the Catalog.
- In extenuating circumstances, the Committee may grant a second one-year extension, for a total extension of two successive years.
- Prior to granting extensions, the Curriculum Committee Faculty Co-Chair will provide the Executive Committee of the Academic Senate with a list of affected courses.
- The Curriculum Committee will remove courses from the Catalog after two one-year extensions. However, before acting to remove such courses the Committee will inform the affected departments/divisions and provide the Academic Senate Executive Committee with a list of courses to be removed. Inclusion of a course in the Catalog after two extensions requires approval by the Executive Committee of the Academic Senate.
- This policy will take effect beginning in the 2005-06 academic year.
During the 2004-05 academic year courses may be eliminated from the Catalog due to lack of timely revision only if they have not been offered during the past five academic years. Courses that have been offered during this period but which have not been revised during the past five years will receive a one-year extension under the terms described above. The Curriculum Committee Faculty Co-Chair will provide the Academic Senate Executive Committee with a list of such courses, and the Curriculum Committee will notify affected departments/division of their courses that have been placed on probation.
Approved by the Executive Committee of the De Anza College Academic Senate on February 28, 2005.