Online Learning Updates
The Commission of Teaching Credentialing has provided guidance for Child Development programs including information on child development permits.
Students can also find resources on these webpages
- Resources for Basic Needs
- Food Housing & Transportation Resources
- Online Learning Support for Students
Our vision is of a world where every child is nurtured, respected and supported in their development by professional, well-trained teachers who help them to become responsible, engaged and caring citizens of the global community.
The mission of the Child Development and Education Department is to prepare a diverse student population, including Child Development majors and students from other majors and departments, for transfer within the Behavioral and Social Sciences. The department also provides comprehensive educational opportunities to help students meet professional growth and workforce requirements.
- The importance of relationships in all human learning
- Pedagogy grounded in current research and knowledge
- Embracing diversity through genuine acceptance of each individual’s uniqueness
- Communication as a mutual responsibility
- Professionalism demonstrated through reflective practice, ethical behavior, advocacy and life long learning
Job and Internship Postings
De Anza College has partnered with Handshake as a job and internship platform for students and employers.